Website Banner

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Altered Box and Sewing ATC's

This Altered Box was made for a swap for Art For The Creative Minds. I covered a small round cheese box with coordinating Victorian looking wallpaper. Then I added lace around the top edge and attached flowers to a piece of foam that I glued on the top. I also added three small hatpins which I made. I hope my partner likes it. There is also a little gift inside, but that is a surprise for my swap partner.

Photobucket


These are two ATC's created for Art For the Creative Minds using a Sewing Theme. The spool of thread was drawn freehand.. The needle is a toothpick painted silver and the thimble was cut from a piece of silver paper and then I use the end of a pin to indent it. The second ATC recycles a picture that I received on another card swap some time ago.

Boths ATC's have material as backgrounds from some discontinued fabric books that I have collected.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris,
Your sewing box and ATC's are beautiful!!! Great job.

Tolegranny said...

These are great Christine.

Marjie Kemper said...

Love those textured ATCs and the box is terrific!

Michele said...

i love your creations! xo

Sharon said...

These are fantastic!

2amscrapper said...

great texture and layering on your ATCs.

Electra said...

These are absolutely wonderful!!

Ellis said...

Wonderful box and ATC's Kris! =)
Hugs, Elenor